The institute has a recognized research center of the affiliating University in the name “Place for Higher Learning and Research’ Approved by Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur. The total approved intake is 30 research scholars and as on date all thirty seats have been filled and research scholars are undertaking their research at this research center. The synopsis screening, course work, progress reports, pre submission seminar etc. is the responsibility of research center.
The brief statistics of the research center are as follows:
- Date of establishment: 02/04/2014 (BCUD/R.G./2014/202)
- Sanctioned intake capacity: 30
- No. of registered research scholars: 10 Awarded, 6 submitted and 24 in process
- No. of empanelled research supervisors: 13
- No. of research methodology workshops conducted: 04
Ph.D. Programme Registration Process At DAIMSR Research Centre
- PET/ NET/ JRF is a necessary qualification.
- Submission of written Application to the Head, Place of Research for enrolment and allocation of supervisor.
- Allotment of Supervisor to the candidate by Supervisor Allotment Committee (SAC).
- Preparation of Synopsis / Research Proposal by the candidate in the prescribed format as per The Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur (RTMNU) Ph.D. Direction No. 37 of 2017
- Candidate appear Research Advisory Committee (RAC) of Place of Higher Learning and Research, Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Management Studies and Research (DAIMSR) and record and make changes as per recommendation by RAC.
- Preparation of synopsis by the candidate as per the recommendations of RAC.
- The candidate will submit all the prescribed documents on online portal of RTMNU for registration along with synopsis. The hard copy of the same should be submitted to RTMNU.
- The Candidate appear Research and Recognition Committee (RRC) taken by the RTMNU.
- After approval by the RRC the candidate needs to submit all the required documents and fees to the place of research as well as Ph.D cell (RTMNU) as per university norms.
- Letter of Ph.D. Registration from RTMNU and submission of required documents to RTMNU as per registration letter.
- Candidate makes Payment of Retention Fee and submit six monthly Progress Report to RTMNU. Candidate appears RAC every six month.
- Publication of ongoing research work in conference proceedings/ journals mandatory.
- Candidate appears Pre - Submission by RAC and accommodate changes in the final thesis as suggested by RAC.
- Submission of final thesis and summary to RTMNU.
- Open defence and viva-voce by external evaluator at RTMNU.
- Issue of notification and Award of Degree in Convocation